The digital revolution has made comic book publishing a thing of the past. See and learn how virtual computer technology will revolutionize this field and allow every artist to have their fifteen minutes of fame.

Monday, May 08, 2006

Eve's Guide to Drawing Manga

Hello people ^^
You really want to know the hell I go through to draw manga? ^o^ Oh! Sorry...um welcome to my tutorial page. Here I will explain the process that I go through in order to post a page of T&R ^^;. It should (hopefully) give you the basic idea of how a manga page is drawn. Well, here I go...^^;
Oh wait, before I start my ranting, Please keep in mind that this is only one of millions of different methods of drawing manga. In other words, don't believe in everything that I say cuz that's no fun and I'm probably going to BS a lot. ^^;
Materials:
There are several materials that professional mangakas use to draw their manga. Such materials include pencils, erasers, brushes, ink, pens, whiteout, rulers, knives, paper, blow dryer (I'm not joking), brush pens, screentones, templates...and the list goes on and on. However, this is what a pro needs; most fanartists are happy to with a decent pen, ink, and paper. Unfortunately, I'm not one of them -_-;
Composition
Composition refers to the general balance among the elements of an artwork. In manga, composition revolves around page layout as well as the layout of individual panels. Although a manga page seems like a simple, random collaboration of large and small panels, it is not so. In fact, the layout of a page is a very important skill that must be studied carefully.
Inking
Now that you have finished pencilling, it's time for inking. To be blatantly honest, this is one of my weakest points, but since teaching often has nothing to do with skills, let's see what I can do ^^;;;
Inking is by far the most important skill that a manga artist needs to master. Although it is very similar to a pencil, a pen requires much more precision and patience. However, the rules that apply to pencilling also apply to inking, so let us look at the basic skills of drawing lines before anything else.
The most crucial skill of drawing is learning to control the thickness and consistency of the line you draw. Drawing nice, clean lines sounds perfectly easy, but this is a skill that takes lots o f time to master. The ability to produce clean lines originate from two aspects-- arm control and pressure.
TO THE TUTORIAL -

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home